Headquarters: Creative Force
For this role, we are looking for someone to be based in the Central / South Americas region to work between the UTC-5 and UTC-6 time zones.
Fantastic opportunity for a Junior DevOps Jedi to work remotely (Central / South Americas), helping shape platform architecture at Creative Force, for our flagship products: Award Force
and Good Grants
. We’re serving thousands of clients globally, millions of users, and growing.
We’re looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer with a background in Docker and Kubernetes and experience with Amazon Web Services. Together with others in the engineering team, we manage and enhance a well-established cloud infrastructure, widely automated, with a focus on best practices. Our tooling is based on: AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes (EKS), GitHub Actions, Slack, Prometheus, Grafana, and DataDog. Our entire stack is completely scalable, fully autonomous, and needs additional personnel to continuously create more advanced features, as well as provide additional support for our engineering and client success teams.
- Have 2+ years of experience designing, building, and maintaining AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Have production experience on Docker and Kubernetes, as well as AWS services like EC2, EKS, S3, CloudFront, RDS
- Experience with debugging issues, identifying faults, and enhancing software logging. As well as creating self-healing, autonomous infrastructure with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Are experienced in designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and automation tools for any workflow.
- Experience with cloud security, network systems management, and business continuity is preferred.
- Experienced in writing code in scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- Works collaboratively across the entire organisation, balancing the needs of various departments with business pragmatism, managing stakeholder expectations, and tracking the various work streams into and out of your team.
- You’re transparent, articulate, and driven to succeed.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer
- Full-time full-pay role, with a 4-day work week benefit
- 32 hours, Monday to Thursday (3-day weekends are yours)
- 20 days paid annual leave
- 20 days paid parental leave (available after one year)
- 12 days paid public holidays (your local country/region public holidays)
- Your birthday is a holiday every year
Personal development and wellbeing
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- A culture of promoting work life balance
- Access to mental health support
Location and compensation
- Full-time role, based remotely, work anywhere (see the ‘Essentials’ section for any specific region requirements)
- Competitive salary, indexed to your experience and location
- Budget for computer and office equipment (pending 6 month probationary period)
Respect, growth and stability
- Friendly, sociable, responsible, collaborative team (a great place to be)
- Respect for each other's time, value and contribution
- Regular communication with global team via chat and video calls
- Dynamic, young, growing tech company leveraging all the latest tech tools and leading industry trends
- Stable, bootstrapped, independent business (no VCs calling the shots)
Creative Force is the industry-leading cloud software for organisers of awards, grants, scholarships and pitch competitions to manage submission, evaluation and award of results, online.
We provide the platform to accept and manage awards entries/applications, allocate them to judges/evaluators who then do their judging online, all the while providing organisers clear visibility on how their program is going.
Since launching in Australia late 2013, we’ve had an outstanding market response and we’re now supporting a growing list of clients across Asia Pacific, Europe, North & South America and the Middle East.
Creative Force builds beautifully designed, high quality software and we make sure all our clients have a fantastic experience!
Our growing team is distributed across 30 cities in 18 countries, mostly working from home offices. We use a range of internet-based tools for communication and collaboration that help our teams work closely over global distance and time zones. We’re an energetic group of intelligent, creative, international people, driven by high standards and are passionate about creating and delivering an exceptional product and service.
How to apply
Submission is via the Creative Force system only, the application will take you about 15-20 minutes. Applications from outside the system will not be considered.
Creative Force is an equal opportunity employer. We are a growing business made up of professional, like-minded, mature individuals who celebrate diversity, work in an ethical, discrimination-free environment, value continuous improvement and support environmental initiatives.