Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- Perform SaaS vendor evaluation and design scalable and manageable integration
- Develop a deep understanding of data sources, granularity, availability, and limitations
- Build maintainable, scalable data processing pipelines in PostgreSQL, Python, and other data processing language in the data platform running in AWS
- Operate and optimize the existing data pipelines that meet the data delivery and data quality service level agreement
- You will work with product engineering team to influence source system data models and data collection and instrumentation for data consumers need across the company
- Develop data processing technical strategy and be accountable for the execution roadmap
Must Haves (Required Skills)
- Over 5 years of experience working in a data centric environment and be fluent in agile/scrum delivery model.
- Familiar with AWS and data management related service offerings
- Consistent track record of leading multiple work streams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and partnering with multiple business partners
- Ability to handle high ambiguity use cases and set a clear direction and guide your team to solve complex problem domains.
- Deep understanding of data structures and data architecture with experience on microservices design data modeling and management approaches
- Analytical mindset with natural curiosity toward data and effective in communicating complex analyses.
- A consistent record of taking large data projects from ideation to implementation
- An authority on working with high volume, heterogeneous data using distributed or Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases
- Expert in writing Advanced SQL and, performance tuning of SQL
- Strong knowledge about data structure, data algorithm, data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Solid experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve data quality, accessibility, and usability
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.