We believe that in a world of digital overload, customers crave tangible connections and delightful experiences.
Our software platform has reinvented direct mail for ecommerce & DTC brands and we’ve experienced rocketship growth over the last few years. We’re looking to expand our team of talented software engineers to successfully execute our product roadmap for 2023 and beyond.
We are in the midst of a unique opportunity to reimagine an industry and are looking for team members with the passion and drive to help us realize this product-led vision.
This is a fully remote, full-time position.
You’ll be integral to building our Ruby on Rails + Hotwire app(s) as we continue to grow rapidly, add new features, keep them fast, and ratchet up their reliability & robustness.
Right now, we’re aggressively expanding flagship product capabilities and working on interesting problems and features like audience modeling and development, data warehousing, more ecommerce integrations, building public APIs, and of course, making sure our existing infrastructure is scalable and maintainable.
This position includes building features, deep-dive debugging, internal tooling, web performance, and internal support, with a bit of robots and hardware thrown in. Day in and day out you’ll get to the bottom of multiple different issues across the stack and across projects. You can expect an inclusive, eager team who’ll support you in it, rise to challenges with you, and grow together.
Here are real examples of the work we’ve done lately that might help you to get a better idea of what this job entails:
- Built a new customer workflow journey marketing ui with Hotwire.
- Built a way for email lists to be converted into physical mailable addresses.
- Built software to manage pulling, printing, and monitoring our in-house printshop manufacturing process.
- Built a fleet of handwriting robots driven by Ruby on Rails.
- Built support for single-use unique coupon codes in direct mail campaigns.
- Built the ability for Shopify brands (our users) to send real handwritten notes (postcards in envelopes, with real pens) with live in-browser previews.
- Created a Public API for sending postcards and handwritten notes in our production facility.
- Developing a load balancing strategy for “expensive” Sidekiq background jobs that were crushing external APIs and our queues.
- Improved developer experience with Heroku (Pipelines, CI, and Review apps), Github Actions
- Deep dive into expensive queries in our application and working to improve performance and memory consumption from Postgres to Rails.
- Built a webhook event publishing system for events from our production facility.
- Upgraded our main application to Rails 7 with import maps and hotwire.
We’re looking for candidates who are ready for a similar breadth and depth of work.
The bulk of our communication is via Slack and Github, from pull request discussions to team chats, and video recordings with a few video calls thrown in.
We move fast and execute aggressively. We are looking for candidates with the energy and drive to join us on this exciting journey.
Note: We require an overlap of at least 4 hours with the United States east coast workday. That said, we’re not hiring from locations that require a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.