We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our dynamic, growing engineering team. Our software is used by hundreds of customers to engage their communities in a wide range of online events. We want every event participant to be able to focus on making new contacts, not spending time figuring out how to use the software. So, we aim to build a simple, intuitive user experience.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you'll evaluate whether our product is simple, intuitive, and stable for our users. You will contribute in our automated testing harness. You define strategies for testing new features and functionality. You will not only assess whether our product is functioning correctly, but identifying areas where data quality and speed can be improved. You will help us maintain our high quality standard, while suggesting ways we can improve quality.
What you'll do
- Create Test plans and Test cases against the user stories defined.
- Spend majority of your time in verifying the features doing both manual and Automation testing.
- Improve the knowledge of the Brazen Platform while making sure we continue to deliver high quality enhancements and features to our customers.
- Contribute automation tests to existing framework.
- Provide technical support to Brazen's customer success team.
- Work both independently as a self starter, and collaborate with our small, mighty, and growing QA team.
- Partner closely with our Developers and Product teams to create exceptional experiences for our end users.
You'll be a fit for this role if you bring
- 7+ years experience defining and executing functional and performance tests.
- 3+ year writing automated tests with Selenium Web Driver.
- 2+ years coding in Java. This can include time writing automated tests in Java.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset and ability to demonstrate experience learning new technologies and practices.
- A love of working collaboratively across teams to solve fun and challenging problems every day.
Extra bonus points for (you'll learn these skills if you don't have them!)
- 2+ years working with mysql flavored SQL.
- Experience working on a Scrum or Kanban team.
- Experience testing APIs using tools like Postman.
- Experience building and conducting performance tests using JMeter.