This is an exciting role where you’ll have a big impact on the future of how Myplanet operates as a business. You’ll define, test, and iterate on new methods for delivering complex commerce and brand experiences, while also working with clients to achieve clear business objectives and value.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’re one part Product Owner and one part Client Manager. You’ll thrive if you think both about the client use case at hand, as well as considering how to improve the process you’re operating within. You’ll be positively challenged if you are interested in the intersection of next-generation digital experiences, behaviour data and analytics, and complex commerce and digital experience software architectures.
Within the context of on-time and on-budget delivery, you are someone who favours lean and agile principles in your work. You will bring fresh insights and perspectives to the challenges we face and the opportunities that drive growth for our clients.
- Define and lead the creation and testing of new processes and procedures to standardize delivery efforts as we grow and evolve.
- Serve as the primary contact for our customers and advocate for both the user and business outcomes throughout the product and software development lifecycle.
- Structure and facilitate product discovery events and synthesis through client stakeholders and user research to define KPIs and success metrics.
- Apply data-driven approaches to product design and development, you love designing models, reporting, analysis and driving results and growth through insights.
- Use agile principles and tools while working with the delivery manager, designers and developers to create a product backlog and release plan, ensuring that the solution is focused on demonstrating and achieving business outcomes.
- Adapt the product backlog to the agreed-upon scope, schedule and budget by clearly articulating and managing trade-offs on complex requirements to achieve delivery success.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and researchers to gather and summarize requirements as you develop solutions that meet project needs.
- Lead workshops, planning sessions, and product demos for the project and ensure the production of necessary artifacts to effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Share knowledge with Myplanet leadership on progress and blocks, including highlighting new opportunities for growth within the key accounts and identifying issues and escalating for maximum transparency.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with planning, delegation, supporting, motivating and coaching your team members
- 5+ years of cross-functional work experience in more than one of these areas: marketing, product marketing, data analytics, product management, project management, business consulting or engineering preferred.
- Challenge-motivated professional who learns quickly and loves finding solutions that satisfy business objectives with great user experiences.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive operating in the unknown; you have the capability and grit to push forward to overcome challenges.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the product management discipline with a thorough toolkit of product and lean/agile delivery frameworks.
- Mastery in Lean UX methodology—designing product experiments, validating product ideas, and analyzing fit to justify incremental investment—and experience designing, creating and facilitating workshops to help guide strategic decision-making for groups with competing goals.
- Experience leading Agile product builds and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle preferably across a variety of industries.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to quickly build stakeholder confidence and transition into becoming a trusted advisor.
- Analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, communication, collaboration and presentation skills that can stand up to the rigours of executive stakeholders.
- High tolerance for ambiguity with the capability and grit to push forward to overcome challenges.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Design and/or technical background preferred.
- B2B/B2C marketing or omnichannel retail experience a benefit.
- Familiar with modern technology/coding frameworks.
Benefits and Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured based on goals set in collaboration with the leadership team. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with global studio presence, we’re working with the world’s most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next generation experiences. We’re tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization, while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms. We’re shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, multi-interface experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we're a remote-first company of over 100 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future.