Headquarters: Suburban Philadelphia, PA
We are seeking a talented and motivated Release Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. As a Release Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth deployment and release of our web applications. We are reinventing the home remodeling industry and to do that, we designed a web application built upon the latest technology tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
At Power, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging technology problems and design solutions that are lasting, sustainable, and positive. You will be empowered to make decisions and enjoy great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job. Using your experience as a former software developer, you will work closely with developers to streamline and enhance our release engineering process and toolset.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines using tools like Git, Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
- Develop and enhance automated deployment scripts and tools to streamline the release process.
- Conduct troubleshooting of web applications to identify and resolve deployment issues.
- Ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of production environments by monitoring and optimizing performance metrics.
- Work closely with the DevOps team to maintain and improve the infrastructure and architecture of our applications.
- Collaborate with developers to improve the release process and establish best practices for version control, branching, and merging.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and industry best practices, staying abreast of the latest advancements in release engineering, DevOps, and web development methodologies.
- Evaluate their potential applicability and impact on our web application, and make recommendations for adopting new technologies to enhance our release processes and efficiency.
- Hands-on experience using a container orchestration system (such as Kubernetes) to manage containerized applications, ensuring scalability, fault tolerance, and automated deployment across various environments.
- Understanding of container concepts, container image creation, and the ability to effectively utilize Docker to enable consistent deployment across different infrastructure setups.
- Proficiency in a modern programming language.
- Strong understanding of web backend technologies, including Rails and Rescue.
- Familiarity with databases such as MySQL and/ or PostgreSQL
- Previous experience working with Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are passionate about application development, have a strong understanding of release engineering principles, and thrive in a collaborative team environment, we would love to hear from you. Join us as a Release Engineer and contribute to the successful deployment of our cutting-edge web applications.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary - We pay very well at market rates reflecting both location and experience.
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses, & conferences.
- Annual Vacation to Mexico for employee and significant other
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please submit the accommodation request to email@example.com