Headquarters: Greater Philadelphia, PA
Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on unique technology solutions for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals across the globe.
We’re seeking an experienced Production Support Specialist who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing 50-person team.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 🐱💻
The Production Support Specialist works closely with Instinct team members across the organization to investigate production issues, focusing on reproducing, documenting and reverse engineering production bugs.
The ideal candidate is excited to dig into root cause analysis, and has experience debugging production issues using tools such as Sentry, SolarWinds, and system logs. Experience with, or an interest in, the programming language Elixir, is a huge plus!
Day to day responsibilities include may include:
- Utilizing a command-line interface and psql to investigate and debug production issues
- Configuring and monitoring production application tools to identify and investigate production issues
- Working closely with both technical and non-technical team members to collect additional context and data to reproduce and diagnose production issues
- Documenting and improving processes around reporting production bugs and incidents using tools like JIRA
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
- At least 1-2 years of experience with debugging production issues
- Proficiency with CLI, Postgres and Linux
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (or similar cloud computing services)
- Strong communication skills and a passion for helping others
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous engagements
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with experience to resolve problems efficiently
Bonus Experience 💡
- Previous remote position, preferably as part of a small team
- Previous experience working as, or closely with, QA
- Previous work on health care, medical records, veterinary, or enterprise software
- Knowledge or interest in coding (particularly with Elixir)
Technology Used at Instinct 👨💻
- Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe (GraphQL)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library
- Papertrail, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana
- Github, Jira, Slack
A Sneak Peek at Team Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, professional, and fun work environment that values balance. As a fully distributed team, we seek teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
We’re guided by one thing: helping veterinary hospital teams excel. To that end, your work contributions will greatly shape the workflows, staff happiness, and patient care for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
- We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment
- We pay our team well (based on experience for this role): $75,000 - $110,000
- We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
- We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
- We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
- We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats
Learn More About Us 👓
Corporate website: https://www.instinct.vet
Our blog Pick the Brain: https://pickthebrain.instinct.vet that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to equality and providing a pleasant work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All employees will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.