JAR Audio is looking for a Producer to lead some of our podcasts.
The role will report to our Chief Creative Officer.
WHO WE ARE:
We produce original podcasts for brands to elevate dialogue and drive results. Some of our recent clients include Expedia, Lululemon, Royal Bank Canada, American Express, and more.
We take an audience-first approach. We believe that podcasts are a perfect medium for a brand to engage with a new or current audience. We collaborate with our clients to uncover who their podcast audience is, what they care about, and how a podcast can deliver value. We root our podcasts in this strategy in order to deliver value.
WHO YOU ARE:
JAR Audio is looking for a producer/writer to work closely with our Chief Creative Officer. We are looking for someone trained in audio storytelling, with a curiosity about working with brands, and the skill set to tell entertaining, dramatically compelling, and emotional stories in a captivating way.
- You will be responsible for managing the planning, creation, and delivery of new podcast series.
- You will work closely with the hosts, audio editors, marketers across the ongoing series.
- You’ll be part of the team that develops the tone and style of the new series and work closely on the episode scripts and mixes for the first several months of a show’s life cycle.
- You will “own” a new series end to end - from initial concept development to execution and beyond.
- You will provide notes and guidance for audio editors on your team.
- You will write and edit all scripts - both, at a high level and specific line edits/revisions.
- You will pitch ideas and concepts for the show.
- You will manage the production process. This can include: working with our Project Managers and Coordinators to set the show calendar, work back schedule, help select hosts and guests, direct them on recording sessions, provide mix notes to sound designers, work with marketing to help with successful show launch.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Experience as a producer/production manager or line producer.
- Experience with scheduling.
- Audio scripting ability (writing, editing).
- You’re an independent worker who’s eager to learn, lead a team and produce great content.
- Audio editing experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism is also an asset (French/English)
CULTURE & BENEFITS:
- Remote work: this is a fully remote position, you can work from anywhere you want!
- Unlimited paid vacation: we need you to take time off to feel renewed.
- Flexible work hours
- Personal and career growth: we want to help you improve your skillset. Is there a conference, book, workshop that will teach you something new? We love seeing our people growing.
- Great benefits package.
Think you would like to work with JAR? Our teammates help make JAR Audio great, and we are excited to get to know you.