About Reservamos SaaS:
We believe that technology is revolutionizing travel for the better. Back in 2014 at MIT, we decided to start our Company journey by focusing on bus travel. Why bus? easy, the bus sector is the largest mode of transportation in the Americas. Passenger volume is estimated at over 10Bn passengers per year, 13x that of air sector volume. Yet only 10% of this is sold online today. We believe it is just a matter of time for online bookings to represent 50%+ of all ticket sales.
What we do? we are a full-stack company providing e-commerce & revenue management technology solutions to enable smart digital commerce for bus companies.
What we have achieved? our technology powers millions of bus bookings every year across the Americas and we continue to grow exponentially. Our customers include renowned brands such as Greyhound, Primera Plus, Expreso Brasilia, Rapido Ochoa, among others.
Our motto is simple "Be creative, take ownership and be a team player"
About this role:
If you are passionate about driving a fast-growing travel business and enjoy harnessing the power of technology to help companies meet their goals. Then Reservamos is looking for you!
As part of our development team, you will be working in:
- Integrating new bus providers from different countries in Latin America.
- Model our architecture to make it easily customizable for each client.
- Suggesting, implementing and adapting new features based on customer data.
- Integrating new e-payment providers.
The tecnologies you would use are Ruby on Rails in the backend and React in the frontend.
- You want to develop features that are used by thousands of people and not just build demos or MVPs.
- You strive for code clarity and are not bothered by doing or receiving code reviews.
- You want to learn about how to use data and experiments to improve an application.
- You are not afraid to dive into a codebase and suggest changes.
- You are interested in arquitecture design and want to code in every part of the arquitecture(backend and frontend, but not implementing the design).
- You are interested in working with people as passionate as you in product development with multiple years of experience doing so.
Our working methods:
- You get involved in what functionalities are going to be made and we make sure that we cover all the details.
- You do not implement the design (The designer makes the own implementation of it).
- In implementing the functionality, we don't leave you alone. We work with Code Reviews.
- 2 years of experience with MVC framework (Ruby on Rails, Django, Cake PHP, etc.)
- Experience in PostgreSQL or some relational database.
- Experience in non-relational databases (MongoDB).
- Knowledge of GIT.
- Spanish and English proficiency (spoken, written, and read)
- Constant encouragement to learn and develop new skills together with the rest of the team.
- Knowledge of Ruby. You know how to manipulate arrays without the use of a framework like Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of Heroku. You know the difference between a web worker and a background worker.
- Knowledge of Testing. You have an opinion about what to test and what not to do.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Knowledge in Logentries, Mixpanel, Segment IO.
- Knowledge of AWS, Heroku or Google App Engine.
- Location: remote
- Employment type: full-time
** If you are interested in applying for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org **