Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients' life savings.
We're a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it's our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you're the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
Xapo is looking for a Head of Compliance Monitoring to join our global team, reporting to Xapo's Chief Compliance Officer, who will drive the implementation and management of compliance controls, processes and operations. The Head of Compliance Monitoring will work as an integrated part of our global Compliance team, leveraging the broader organisation and resources to ensure that we maintain an effective compliance monitoring and advisory program and meet all of our regulatory compliance obligations. This role will support the Chief Compliance Officer in the development and implementation of a Compliance Monitoring Program which provides reasonable assurance that there are effective and efficient Compliance policies and procedures in place, which are well understood and respected by all Staff.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Developing and implementing the independent risk-based Compliance Monitoring Program comprised of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Compliance reviews across all regulated activities firm-wide.
- Development and maintenance of the Compliance testing reviews methodology and associated procedures.
- Maintenance of the Compliance annual and multi-year monitoring and testing plan.
- Creation, maintenance and review of the Compliance monitoring log and review of the effectiveness of the monitoring.
- Plan and conduct compliance reviews to assess the effectiveness of policies and procedures to identify potential compliance gaps.
- Document compliance monitoring findings and maintain review materials, workpapers and samples in an organized manner available for audit as appropriate.
- Agree a clear plan of action for resolution of all identified issues within agreed timescales and ensure that all issues are resolved as agreed.
- Track, assess and report on the status of remedial action identified within reports until resolved/concluded.
- Complete appropriate trend analysis and ensure that findings are clearly communicated.
- Conduct appropriate inquiries and investigations to ensure that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented in a timely manner or are escalated.
- Ensure any findings of the testing undertaken are clearly communicated to the Chief Compliance Officer and/or senior management of the relevant business areas as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal Compliance databases.
- Planning, organization and execution of day-to-day operational Compliance activities and working with the business to remediate issues identified through testing and support.
- Independently investigating and acting on matters related to Compliance.
- Supporting regulatory inquiries, filings and reporting requirements, ensuring accurate responses and reporting to the Regulator and other Authorities.
- Coordinating efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations.
- 10+ years of experience in regulators, banks, complex financial services firms, or related e-money/payments industry with experience to operate at as Senior Compliance Manager.
- Strong operational knowledge in building and running a sound compliance monitoring program, with hands-on knowledge and an understanding of regulatory requirements in accordance with global regulatory standards and best practice.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to build collaborative working relations with peers, colleagues and with remote based teams with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience with compliance system implementation, configuration and management.
- Experience with data visualisation and investigation tools.
- Crypto currency experience and compliance program management.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we're bringing our expertise to all facets of our users' finances. Because no matter who we are or where we're from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.