Headquarters: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I’m Nicolas, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Frontend Engineer who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary incl. bonus and stock options
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- €1000 remote working budget per year
- Learning & development budget of 3.5% of salary
The role in context
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a member of the engineering team, you will build and deliver frontend solutions to provide extraordinary product experiences for our users, including SPAs and reusable components for the rapid growth of all our products.
You’ll own the design, code, and deployment of solutions and make sure they perform and scale in production.
You’ll spend time on the following
- Take full ownership of the frontend; from low-level optimizations to improving user experience
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and propose features and functionalities to the product team
Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Lead the entire software development and delivery cycle from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s what we’re looking for
- You are inspired by our mission of putting 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have 4-6 years of experience designing, implementing, running, and maintaining production front-end code using modern client-side development frameworks based on JS/TS such as Angular
- You strive for excellence: pixel-perfect, high-quality code, and lightning-fast load times
- You care deeply about building a world-class engineering team
- You have a solid understanding of UX/UI design, usability, and accessibility
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
Bonus points if ...
- you have experience in a SaaS product based company
- you are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
- you have a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment
so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla
and throughout the rest of your career.