Gatsby has a massive presence in the developer community. In fact, tens of thousands of developers use it every week and 3,000 have contributed to our open source project. Now we're tapping into the commercial world with our new product, Gatsby Cloud, which delivers custom-built cloud infrastructure that takes the performance of Gatsby sites to a whole new level.
As a fully remote, customer-focused team, Gatsby's core values include:
- Prioritize the customer
- Expect excellence, have empathy
- Take ownership
- Grow through inclusivity
- Collaborate by default
We are looking for an experienced leader to build our sales organization as we achieve product-market fit and grow the market. You will help us achieve operational excellence, organize for success, and meet the demands of our future customers.
- Type: Full time
- Reports to: COO
- Location: Remote (preference for Americas)
- Salary: 50% Base + 50% Commission
- Experience leading a sales organization for a technical saas product (ideally developer-facing).
- Familiarity with open source or freemium products, as well as the challenges and opportunities that come with building out this business model.
- Experience with early-stage products, particularly those that have transitioned from early adoption to main steam.
- Experience building customer relationships and negotiating complex deals by having a deep understanding of business cases and target personas.
- Experience identifying key metrics, monitoring and tracking performance, forecasting, making strategic business decisions, and executing on strategy.
- Experience doing what it takes to ensure our customer's success. This includes collaborating with leadership members across multiple disciplines (customer success, engineering, etc) to deliver creative solutions.
- High-impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, hiring talented individuals, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results.
What You Will Do
- Bring strategy: Develop an overarching sales strategy that encompasses everything from the inbound SMB market to landing deals within the enterprise space.
- Roll up your sleeves: Dive into customer calls and close deals. We're looking for both a player and a coach.
- Build process: Implement processes and org structure to increase the efficacy of your team (i.e., SFDC architecture, team planning, etc)
- Collaborate often: Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to ensure the execution of our strategic vision for sales. This will include projects such as building/refining the go-to-market strategy, iterating on our pricing model, and creating compelling materials for new markets and verticals.
- Drive metrics: Define and maintain annual and quarterly forecasting processes for the business, as well as team and individual sales plans and quotas.
- Recruit: Work with recruiting to put together a hiring plan and strategy that meets our business' needs. What this looks like is dependent on our commercial success.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive environment for your team members of all backgrounds and experiences, so they feel valued and empowered to deliver exceptional results.
Best Parts of the Job
- We're making a bold bet on the way websites will be built in the future, and if we're right, Gatsby could become a billion dollar company in the future.
- Our leadership team is highly collaborative and walks in lock step. You'll get to work with people who want to succeed alongside you.
- Empowering people is important to us, so you will be able to have a huge impact on the success of the company and the experience of our current and future talented Gatsbytes.
Worst Parts of the Job
- You're going to have to build some things from scratch and keep iterating on the pieces that we have started on. Gatsby is a young organization and not all processes are in place and as we grow pretty much everything will need to be adapted. For the right person however, this may be one of the best things about the job.
- We have both an established open source product, but are new to the commercial space. You'll be responsible for establishing us there.
- We're fully distributed, which is awesome, but it can prove to be a challenge when managing a growing team.
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, vision, and life insurance for you and your family (certain countries only)
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- We're remote first, so skip the commute
- Set up costs for a home office OR coworking/private office reimbursement
- New laptop of your choice
- Wifi and cell phone bill reimbursements
- Fly to cool locations for company-wide meetups (well...when that becomes a thing again)
Equal Opportunity Statement
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cultivating inclusivity and diversity is a top priority.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.