Headquarters: United States
Who we are
Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve — and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.
Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot
— people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we’re pretty darn proud of that.
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It's to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn't work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won't work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
Your key areas of focus :
We are expanding our CRM team and are looking for a CRM Specialist to join us and support our expansion.
This role requires at least a year of CRM experience working on conversion improvements and lifecycle communications across multiple channels, ideally for an application-based business, with a strong analytics experience.
Working closely with the CRM Lead, you will work on:
- Improving existing and designing new cross-channel marketing automation and customer journeys.
- Analyze results and propose new data-driven iterations and automation.
- As a member of the CRM team, you’ll also take a vital part in helping to launch new markets and work on cross-team projects across Growth Marketing
In your first few months you’ll:
- Maintain, iterate and improve our current onboarding communications for new users
- Design and implement new marketing automation towards retention and reactivation of our churned users
- Create a marketing automation testing plan
- Run the marketing automation execution and reporting
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in running lifecycle communications in a marketing automation platform (we use Braze at Sendwave)
- HTML, CSS, and Shopify Liquid (or similar) coding proficiency
- Aptitude for logical thinking and marketing workflows construction
- Project management skills and a track record of meeting deadlines
- Understanding of performance marketing metrics
- Native or fluent in English
- Work authorization: You must possess the right to work in the country you apply for
- Provide wider time zone coverage for the CRM team by being based in the Americas
Bonus points if you:
- Have used Braze and Looker before (if not, similar tools)
- Speak Spanish - a lot of our users do!
- Are proficient in any other language our users speak
- Have SQL skills
- Have experience working for an app-based business
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, and require little day-to-day direction to be successful
- Are driven by numbers, able to work autonomously, and understand that teamwork is key to success
- Are passionate about achieving Sendwave's mission and are excited at the prospect of lowering remittance costs for the communities we serve.
- Location: For this role, we are targeting candidates in the US, Canada, or Costa Rica.
- Our company is 100% remote, and has been since we were founded. Sendwave hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Recruiting team can help answer any questions about location as we move further into recruiting process.
- Compensation is localized based on where the applicant has the pre-existing legal right to work and where they will do the majority of their tasks:
- US USD Level 1- 65,752 | Level 2 80,000
- Canada CAD Level 1- 89440 | Level 2- 102,749
- Costa Rica CRC Level 1- 26,076,260 | Level 2- 30,523,634
- For this role, we are anticipating travel for about two weeks out of the year, for companywide and team-level meetings.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country to country)
- 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.