Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
Cloud Support Engineer - Remote (Americas)
Hey! We're amazee.io
, a ZeroOps application delivery hub for engineering teams to deploy applications more easily. Our developer-centric, open source platform makes developers’ lives and jobs easier, minimizing the stress of managing infrastructure or operations. amazee.io supports organizations across the globe to accelerate their cloud and container adoption, along with providing easily managed Kubernetes for developer teams. We run anywhere in the world, with 24/7/365 dedicated support.
We’re looking for a Cloud Support Engineer to join our remote team. As a Cloud Support Engineer with amazee.io you’ll be working with clients, being their first point of contact for technical guidance and troubleshooting, as well as being responsible for monitoring the stability of our platform. You'll also work alongside our Platform Engineers when technical escalations are required, and own and build upon our user friendly documentation.
If you're somebody with a collaborative mindset, and enjoys working and interacting with people and supporting them in solving problems, then this could be the role for you! This role would fit someone who wants to develop their career within cloud technologies, and provides a great training ground to move deeper into platform and cloud engineering over time.
Come and join a team of open source enthusiasts committed to providing flexible hosting solutions in an open, transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
- This is a remote position, although we require an Americas time zone for your working hours
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting client onboardings onto our web operations services and platform
- Working closely with our Platform team on deployments, and deep diving into cloud engineering topics
- Replicating bugs and errors, where possible fixing them, and escalating when needed.
- Performing client trainings, and post onboarding support via slack or e-mail
- Documenting, and testing new features & updates
- Further learning, and advocating DevOps methods and processes
- Monitoring the stability of our hosting environment
- Improve our internal and public documentation
- On call work during working hours
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
What you’ll bring:
- Curiosity. Cloud engineering evolves, and curiosity will be key to learning new skills, keeping them sharp, and researching and solving unexpected issues
- A friendly and collaborative nature
- Understanding of Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, or microservices in general
- Experience working within CLI environments
- Understanding and belief in Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Comfort communicating and documenting in English
What we’ll bring:
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location. Here’s some other things you can expect from us.
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization - Meet the team, read our handbook, or check out what our team has to say about working at amazee.io on Comparably!
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work overhours
- Fully Remote working
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of 1,500 USD or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of 500 USD or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A connectivity benefit of 100 USD or equivalent a month, to help with internet/data costs
- Your own annual tech budget, with full initial setup provided
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
amazee.io Quest! - After 3 years, you’ll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical skills, and anything else you think we should know!