Bitrefill is the biggest and best crypto e-commerce site in the world. We are creating a circular economy, enabling people to opt out from the traditional banking system and choose freedom... We make it easy for people to live on crypto around the world.
Does this sound like something for you? Then keep reading :)
Why are we awesome?
Bitrefill believes in the freedom to work remotely and flexibly and we are built around this. But don’t fear, you will never feel lonely as you will have the opportunity to meet your coworkers in person at our team retreats every year. Some reasons people choose us are:
- Freedom to work from anywhere
- We pay and compensate well
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Health and remote workspace allowances
- Our team retreats consist of two get-togethers every year. (Stockholm in the summer and a warmer location in the winter)
- Curious about the Bitcoin country? We offer company-paid business trips to El Salvador.
- Central office in Stockholm
- We welcome the crypto curious and expert and are happy to help you learn and grow
- We have a super-talented and passionate team who believe in our mission
As a Backend developer at Bitrefill, you will be part of building solutions for our Lightning, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency services as well as doing integrations to suppliers and working on the backend of our overall service. You will be part of our product team and partner up with Backend Developers, Frontend developers and designers to ensure our services have high availability, low latency and great scalability.
- Be part of building tomorrow’s Lighting, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency services
- Working to maintain our current service, implement new supplier integrations
- Make recommendations on the strategy for our lightning, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency services
You bring with you:
- You love to code and are passionate about building effective systems and to create something from scratch
- You have 2+ years of experience in modern backend technologies, preferably with a focus in Node.js
- You have experience with implementing backend system integrations with 3rd party suppliers
- You have good experience working with modern databases, with MongoDB knowledge as a plus
- You have experience running highly available distributed applications
- You are familiar with AWS/Cloud Services
- You are familiar with infrastructure/container orchestration, experience with tools such as Docker and Terraform is a plus
- You are comfortable with the command line, Linux system administration
- Experience with Bitcoin, Lightning, Ethereum from a technical perspective is a plus
- You are a natural problem solver and analytical, who is also passionate about the vision of allowing people to live on cryptocurrency
- Fluent skills in English, in speaking as well as writing
- Excellent communication skills
- To become part of a talented team with high ambitions for a world where bitcoin is money for everyday use
- A challenging workplace and a great education when it comes to everything involving cryptocurrency.
- Competitive salary and compensation